Our Mission Statement
Since 1986, we have prided ourselves in honesty, integrity and always putting our customers first. We keep you in the foreground for your sales, service, installation, and new construction/remodeled home needs. Some companies sell their services while our services sell us. We are not comfortable until our customers are comfortable and will not rest until they are 100% satisfied. Bringing you, the consumer, the most elite and efficient equipment on the market for a fair price, we are Advance Heating & Air.
Advance Heating & Air, a family oriented company, was founded by Benton Young. With over 34 years experience in the field servicing Sumter and surrounding areas, we earned the title of being a Tempstar® Elite Dealer. With this prestigious title it means we are at the leading edge of HVAC technology in providing superior customer service with these products and we plan to keep it that way. Not only are we a Tempstar® Elite Dealer, but we also are certified by N.A.T.E., the industrial leaders in technician certifications in the United States. We hold a State Mechanical license which allows us to be an Independent HVAC contractor allowing us to work on most all heating and cooling equipment. We also are proud to be certified by the Environmental Protection Agency whose main focus is for a GREEN industry.
All of our service technicians started their career as an installer and were trained up to be technicians. We realize that proper installation is key to having a reliable piece of equipment to last many years after the initial installation. Proper install improves the lifespan and efficiency of a system and helps minimize frequent and ongoing repairs. It is very important to have a sturdy foundation to build off of so this is why we train our technicians to recognize a sturdy foundation for them to then diagnose problems with precision and confidence.
Advance Heating & Air is going on its 2nd generation of service technicians. With family being a huge part in our business, we extend our family circle to all of our customers new and existing. We are located at 2645 Warehouse Blvd S servicing Sumter and surrounding areas. Call us today to see how you can become part of our family at 803-481-8200. Feel free to check us out and give us a like on Facebook at Advance Heating & Air, Inc.
Every house is different and produces its own amount of dust. Some may change filters monthly while others can get away with every 2 or 3 months. Our recommendation is to change them every 30 Days regardless if the filter is a 3 month allergen filter or not. Changing them every 30 days will ensure ample return air draw needed to keep your system cooling at maximum efficiency.
Have your system serviced at least twice a year. Once in the fall to ensure optimal performance during the winter and once in the spring to ensure your unit will be reliable for the summer.
Most parts for TEMPSTAR can be fixed the same day if the part is in stock.
Yes, we have a designated service technician on call every weekend so it’s never a bad time to call to have your system checked.
Yes, we have teamed up with Wells Fargo to offer special financing options that accommodate your financial needs. Click here to learn more.
Yes, we give free estimates on any job you may have and also free consultations to give advice on what could/needs to be done to make your ideas come to life.
You can go online to Product Registration - ICP (icpusa.com) to make sure your product is registered for the 10 year PARTS warranty or to newly register your products. You will need the model & serial numbers off each piece of equipment located on the data plate of the units. If we get the honor of installing a new system we register the unit for you.
Our 23-point Inspection
Extend the life of your HVAC system with our semi-annual inspections.
HVAC Systems can typically last 10 years or more. The key is to take care of them. Incorporating a Maintenance Plan can not only keep your system running efficiently but also make it last longer.
Another upside to our 23-point Inspection is that twice a year, a professional HVAC Tech will be assessing your HVAC system and keeping you informed of potential problems, its life expectancy and whether or not you should be prepared to replace a part in the near future.
Our 23-point Inspection includes (as needed):
- Chemically clean and thoroughly wash condenser coil(s).
- Thoroughly clean or replace standard air filter(s).
- Wash and level condensing unit for proper motor and bearing wear.
- Lubricate motor and fan bearings as well as other moving parts as necessary.
- Clean and inspect evaporator coil and drain pan when readily accessible.
- Clean and inspect condensate drain lines and fittings.
- Clean, level and calibrate your thermostat.
- Adjust and thoroughly clean blower motor and fan assembly as needed.
- Inspect, tighten and test all electrical connections. This includes the disconnect switch.
- Inspect all cooling system electrical wires, connectors and terminals.
- Test system starting and running capacitors.
- Test all controls, switches, relays, transformers, contactors, motors and fans.
- Measure starting and running amperes, line voltage and control voltage.
- Test system starting capabilities.
- Test system for proper airflow and air delivery.
- Inspect and adjust all safety controls.
- Monitor refrigerant (freon) pressures and temperatures.
- Test and record super-heat and sub-cooling. Compare with factory specifications.
- Adjust freon metering control device per factory/manufacturer's recommendations.
- Test and measure air conditioning system for proper production and capacity.
- Monitor fan motors and compressor operating temperatures.
- Apply weather-resistant protective coating to the outside unit (condenser).
- Complete and present full written report and make any necessary recommendations.
Call us today at 803-481-8200 to schedule your 23-point Inspection.